Homemade Potato Chips. Homemade Potato Chips Tips What potatoes are the best for making chips? Fresh, firm, and non-sprouted russet potatoes are the best for making chips. Soaking the sliced potato in ice water will remove a lot of the starch content, which results in a delicious crispy chip.
A mandoline would make slicing the potato into paper thin slices a breeze. Making homestyle potato chips is fun and easy. A food processor with a slicing attachment is very helpful. You can cook Homemade Potato Chips using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Potato Chips
- It’s of ingredients to make potato chips.
- Prepare of potatoes as much as you want.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of equipments.
- Prepare of slicer.
- Prepare 1 of plastic sheet or a clean cotton napkin.
- It’s 1 of large tray.
- You need of ingredients for frying potato chips.
- You need of oil for deep frying.
- Prepare to taste of salt or black salt.
- You need to taste of red chilli powder.
Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or thinner. I like to use olive oil because it has less trans fats, but you can use safflower, corn, or peanut oil as well as vegetable oil. Homemade potato chips are best served fresh. What to serve with homemade potato chips.
Homemade Potato Chips instructions
- Wash the potatoes well in water.peel the potatoes in a huge bowl mix some salt with water and keep aside,now start slicing the potatoes with a slicer and as you slice them let the slices fall in the salted water,the slices should be neither too thick nor thin. we are adding the slices in the salt water so that they potatoes don't darken,finish off like this with all the potatoes.The water should cover the slices completely..
- Now in another large pot take water and add salt to it.The quantity of water should be so such that all the potato slices should get immersed in it bring this salt water mixture to a rolling boil on a high flame.now add the potato slices to the hot salted water blanch the potato slices for 3 or 4 minutes in the hot boiling water don't lower the flame after 3 or 4 minutes, switch off the flame cover the pot and let the slices stay in the hot water for 3 to 4 minutes..
- The slices should look translucent then drain the slices in a strainer arrange them on a tray lined with a clean plastic sheet or just place them in a plate or tray.keep them in the sun for 1 or 2 days till they are dried completely. cover with a muslin cloth to avoid dust from getting into them.you can also keep them in a dry shaded place, if you don't get sunlight.when completely dry store in an air tight jar in a cool & dry place..
- To serve potato chips deep fry the potato slices drain on kitchen tissues sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder and enjoy fresh chips at home…
Serve them with a dipping sauce, such as honey mustard, dill dip, or avocado sauce. Homemade chips are crisper, fresher, and just plain better than store-bought. They're less greasy, and you can control the amount of salt. Because they haven't been lingering on a shelf, they taste more like potato. Add a homemade French Onion Dip or Buttermilk Ranch Dip and you're in potato-chip heaven.