Classic Potato Skins. Potato Skins Who doesn't love potato skins? Potato skins are such classic game day food that they hardly need an introduction. They're inexpensive to make, hearty, and great for a crowd.
Be the first to review this recipe. For me, this is a make-ahead recipe so the taters can cook while I'm working and I can freeze the finished product so I can easily nuke or toast them for a fast meal in the future. But these are also so delicious fresh out of the oven, I can never resist. You can have Classic Potato Skins using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Potato Skins
- Prepare 8 small of russet potatoes, scrubbed clean.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp Cheddar cheese.
- You need 8 slice of thick-cut bacon, fried and chopped.
- You need 2 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
Classic Potato Skins recipe presented by Hannaford Supermarket. Nutrition facts and printable recipes available. While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with a little cooking spray. Brown and crumble sirloin or plant-based "meat".
Classic Potato Skins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Brush the potatoes with. good coating of canola oil. Sprinkle them with salt and bake them for 35 to 45 minutes, until the ptatoes are tender and the skin is starting to crisp..
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Then use a spoon to cut a rim around the edge of each half and scoop out the insides..
- Raise the oven temperature to 425° F..
- Brush the skins on the inside with the melted butter, then put them back in the oven for 3 minutes. After that, use tongs to turn the skins to the other side. Brush that side with more butter and return the skins to the oven until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes..
- Remove them from the oven. Fill the skins with a small amount of grated Cheddar and place them into the oven long enough to melt the butter..
- Sprinkle on some of the bacon, some of the green onions and a dollop of sour cream..
- Serve immediately..
Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Classic potato skins are delicious baked potatoes in the palm of your hand, but there are other flavors you can incorporate. Mexican: You can substitute Mexian chorizo sausage instead of bacon and add black beans. Chili: You can use a spoonful of chili instead of bacon on the skins.