Saucy sweet potatoes. Sweet potato toppings go way beyond butter and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
The mystery ingredient to crispy sweet potato fries. You might be surprised, but the secret to making these fries really crispy is coating them with a type of starch. This could be cornstarch, tapioca starch, or potato starch. You can cook Saucy sweet potatoes using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Saucy sweet potatoes
- Prepare of Main Dish.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet potatoes (as desired).
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of A pinch of salt.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1 of Protein source – cooked meat or fish. Don't think eggs will be a good idea here.
- It’s 5 large of tomatoes.
- It’s 2 medium of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 of Some spring onions.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Oil (either butter, vegetable, olive, canola etc).
- It’s 1 of Garlic, ginger & other assorted vegetables as preferred.
- Prepare 1 of Additional spice.
Place potato in a large bowl and mash with milk. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute pine nuts and sage in butter until pine nuts are toasted. Remove from pan and set aside.
Saucy sweet potatoes step by step
- Peel & rinse potatoes.
- Add salt & sugar to potato and boil till soft. Do not allow it to become mushy.
- Drain potato & set aside..
- Rinse vegetables.
- Peel tomato & remove seeds. Dice into pieces..
- Remove seeds from pepper. Dice.
- Dice the remaining vegetables. For a better experience, try to maintain the same or similar size for all the cut vegetables.
- Cook meat/fish in any manner you prefer..
- Cut the meat into bigger chunks. If fish, shred into pieces.
- Mix all vegetables together.
- Add seasoning, some salt & spices to mixture of vegetables.
- Add some oil to the pan. When it's hot, add the vegetables. (Ensure you don't use too much oil).
- Stir fry the vegetables for a while under medium heat. Add the cooked meat/fish.
- Let it steam under low or no heat for a few minutes. This allows the taste of the vegetables to mix better.
- Serve sauce on potatoes. Enjoy while hot or warm.
Stir in the sweet potato mixture, salt and pepper. Sweet Potato Fries A delicious side dish or snack! A sweet potato is rich in vitamin A as beta-carotene and vitamin C. Made saucy tahini noodles with honey'd sweet potatoes. I do need to recommend you use low sodium soy sauce Iike the recipe states, regular soy sauce made it super salty (I only had regular).