Pumpkin Pie. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. For many of us, homemade pumpkin pie is the classic dish that says "Thanksgiving," pure and simple. Put away the rolling pin – this easy pat-in crust makes prep a breeze!
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, half-and-half, spices, and salt until smooth. Return the pie shell to the baking. Cool thoroughly on cake rack before cutting. You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of unbaked 9inch pie shell.
Note: Perfectly baked pumpkin pie has no cracks on its surface. The pie was originally featured around halloween, so it was a delicious way of using up the flesh of a pumpkin after carving lanterns. Using canned is a good tip for when fresh pumpkins are out of season, or if wanting to save time. Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the partially baked pie crust.
Pumpkin Pie instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit..
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. (Sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and ground cloves.).
- In a larger bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. (Eggs and pumpkin puree.).
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until blended together. Stir in the evaporated milk..
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell in the pie pan..
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for an additional 50 to 55 minutes. Check with a toothpick, to make sure that it comes out clean..
- Allow to cool on a rack for about 2 to 3 hours..
Pumpkin pie may be a Thanksgiving classic, but there are plenty of other times to enjoy this popular fall dessert. Whether it's quick and easy or with cinnamon, apple or pecans, look no further for the best homemade pumpkin pie recipes. Add the pumpkin mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the prepared filling into the warm pie crust and bake on the same half sheet pan until the center jiggles slightly but the sides. This pie is the perfect texture and flavor for anyone who loves a traditional pumpkin pie.