Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tex-Mex. A super easy and delicious shredded chicken dish that is made in the slow cooker. Slow cooker chicken like this is one of my favorites and this recipe looks delicious! I love that this is such a healthy and easy meal!.
For the chicken, we use boneless skinless chicken thighs because they have more internal fat, more flavor, and they hold up better to long slow cooking than breasts. For the rub, we are using chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, onion. This Tex-Mex inspired recipe for the slow cooker is perfect for a busy weeknight when you have lots of hungry folks to feed. You can have Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tex-Mex using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tex-Mex
- It’s 2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken (whole breasts or thighs).
- You need 1 of medium onion, shredded.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced.
- You need 1 can of or 11/2 cups diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 can of white beans.
- You need 1 cup of frozen corn or canned sweet corn.
Start it before you leave for the day and come home to tender, tasty shredded chicken that can be used in a variety of different ways – from burritos, to tacos, to rice bowls. My family never gets tired of this slow cooker Tex-Mex shredded chicken. It can be used so many ways. From nachos to burritos to enchiladas to sliders, this chicken is supremely versatile and can be made to feed a small family to a large crowd.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tex-Mex step by step
- Into a slow cooker, add the shredded onion, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir gingerly (so you don't bang up your slow cooker). Slide the mixture over and add the chicken; use a ladle or big spoon to completely cover the chicken breast with sauce. Cook on high for 4-6 hours..
- Turn slow cooker to warm. Remove chicken and let cool enough to work with. Shred the chicken and put back into the slow cooker. Add white beans and corn. Mix and serve with guacamole, sour cream, tortilla chips or simply plain..
Toss chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese; cover with lid. Tex-Mex Chicken is one of our most popular recipes. Especially because the slow cooker does most of the work! Thanks to Kim Holland for sharing her recipe.