Slow-cooker Potato Soup. Once the soup has slow cooked and is about ready to serve, cook the butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat until it has melted. Taste of Home has the best slow cooker potato soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. How to Make Easy Slow-Cooker Potato Soup Warm up a chilly day with this easy Crock-Pot potato soup.
Love, love love this potato soup along with Beth and everything budget bytes. Searching for a new family-favorite meal to take some pressure off the dinner hour? Give this slow-cooker cheesy potato soup a try. You can cook Slow-cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Potato Soup
- You need 5 lb of potatoes, scrubbed and diced to 1in pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of carrot, raw and finely diced.
- It’s 1 cup of celery, finely diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 8 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of diced ham or smoked pork picnic shoulder (bought precooked).
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- It’s 2 cup of dried potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes).
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese (8oz, softened).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Its velvety texture enriched with cheese and crispy bacon is mostly a hands-free affair. Potatoes cook all day in the slow cooker until they've broken down into a creamy broth. Stir in the thickener of half-and-half and flour during the last half hour and the. This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered in soup form!
Slow-cooker Potato Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes to 7 qt crockpot. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Add cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes. Stir to combine CAREFULLY , crock pot will be VERY FULL. Taste soup and add desired salt and pepper. Put lid back on pot and continue to cook on high for 20-30 minutes (this ensures the cream cheese breaks down completely). Stir and serve..
- Notes : Easy with the salt as both the stock and ham will already be full of sodium. Potato flakes can be adjusted for desired consistancy. No, you don't peel the potatoes. To keep left overs and serve again, cool crock pot down at room temp and put in fridge overnight, an hour before serving heat on low. Do NOT leave on warm overnight or you'll just have a goopy pot of mashed potatoes..
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Place potatoes, celery, onion, chicken stock, and parsley into a slow cooker. Season with salt and black pepper. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; reserve drippings in the pan.