Slow Cooker Pepper Beef. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Next, in the slow cooker, add the beef, bell peppers, onion, beef bouillon mix, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, black pepper, crushed tomatoes, and the brown sugar, mix slightly together. To thicken, mix the cornstarch and the water until it forms a paste. when i make peppers in the slow cooker i mix the ingredients in a bowl the only thing i cook is the onion beforehand by cooking the burger first the ingredients dont hold together too well and the texture is a little different than im used to the flavor was good enough but i added shredded mild cheddar in the mix before filling the peppers.
I never remember exactly how I made it the time before, so I decided I better write it down this time. This Slow Cooker Pepper Beef is the perfect comfort food to enjoy on weeknights. There's a little prep to do but when it's done, you put everything in the crock pot, set the timer and voilà… a few hours later there's a nice hot dish waiting for you to enjoy! You can have Slow Cooker Pepper Beef using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Pepper Beef
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 lb of Boneless Beef (cubes or strips).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 of green bell peppers, cut into strips.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 of hot cooked rice.
This Slow Cooker Pepper Steak is a super easy slow cooker meal that's packed full of flavor. Always a favorite and better than take out! This pepper steak recipe is as simple as it gets. Slow cooker stuffed peppers are a fantastic dish that you can prepare early in the day and have them ready for when you sit down for dinner.
Slow Cooker Pepper Beef step by step
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Brown beef in 2 batches. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Transfer beef, garlic and pan juices to 4- to 7-quart slow cooker..
- Add onion, soy sauce, sugar, salt, ginger and black pepper to slow cooker; mix well. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender (up to 10 hours)..
- Add bell pepper strips during final hour of cooking. Blend water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on High 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles.
By the end of cooking, you will have a deliciously tender bell pepper that's loaded with a ground beef filling. Use any combo of bell peppers for added color. This slow cooker version has the same pretty color as a stir-fry Pepper Steak. Stirring in the tomatoes at the end helps keep their shape and texture. Garlic and gingerroot can be purchased chopped in jars.