Slow Cooker Rice Pudding. I have made this recipe twice- first I made it exactly as listed and then on the second try I made it with some modifications and loved it. Rice pudding is traditionally either baked in the oven or cooked over the stove. Using the slow cooker is a different method that works surprisingly well.
The combination of vanilla and cinnamon give this creamy rice pudding recipe a warm and homey flavor. Using a slow cooker means that you can add all the ingredients, turn it on and walk away, and then come home hours later to a creamy, comforting dessert. Put the rice, milk and sugar in the dish. You can cook Slow Cooker Rice Pudding using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
- It’s 150 grams of pudding rice.
- It’s 2 liter of milk (plus extra if needed – see recipe instructions).
- You need 50 grams of white sugar.
- You need 1 of bay leaf or cinnamon stick or grated nutmeg.
Add a little nutmeg if you like. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.. Use some of the butter to grease the bowl of the slow cooker. add the milk, sugar and remaining butter and either ground cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla extract. Give the contents a stir and replace the lid.
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding instructions
- Rinse the rice in a sieve until water runs clear.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker, and cook for 2 hours on high, then stir, adding more milk if looking a little dry, and turn down to low for the last hour and a half..
- Serve warm with or without preserves (jam), demerara sugar and cinnamon, or any fresh soft fruits or applesauce..
In a colander, rinse rice thoroughly under cold water. Put in lightly greased slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except for butter & whipped cream. Add additional milk as needed to reach. Rice pudding has always been a favorite of all of my kiddos.