Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken. Combine chicken broth, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss with the sauce until well mixed. Slow cooker teriyaki chicken is chicken breasts cooked with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey, then shredded and drizzled with sauce.
Place the chicken in the slow cooker. I'm using chicken breasts but you can use any chicken pieces of your choice. Pour the sauce over the chicken. You can have Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- It’s 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs or a combo).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 3 tbs of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tbs of cornstarch.
- You need 3 tbs of cold water.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred the meat. Discard the bones if you're using bone-in chicken. Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of your slow cooker in a single layer. In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and black pepper until combined.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken to 1 inch cubes. Place in slow cooker. Wisk all remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and water) together in a medium bowl until well combined and sugar is dissolved..
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir to coat. Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, stirring halfway through cooking..
- In last 30 minutes or so, wisk cornstarch and water together to form a slurry. Stir slurry into sauce until thoroughly combined. Return lid, continue cooking until sauce has thickened. Serve over rice. Enjoy!.
- Note: Appliances vary. If sauce does not thicken in your slow cooker transfer contents to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer until thickened..
Top with onion, garlic and ginger. Combine broth, soy sauce, honey, pepper flakes and pepper; pour over chicken. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki is so easy to make and takes only a few minutes to assemble in the slow cooker. A simple side of veggies and some steamed rice and you have a complete meal with so little work.