Slow cooker Sunday meal. Gather the family around the Sunday dinner table for a home-style meal made in the slow cooker. Try comforting favorites like chicken and vegetables, pot roast, mac and cheese, beef stew and more slow-cooked Sunday dinner recipes. They all create a big batch and can be frozen for meals down the road.
Thicken cooking juices for gravy if. This recipe could easily be called Slow-Cooker Sunday Sauce because this is a great way to spend a weekend—making a delicious sauce that tastes fantastic and pairs with everything. Chopped, sweet Italian sausage makes this a great, bold sauce, and crisp pancetta brings the perfect salty crunch to each bite. You can have Slow cooker Sunday meal using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker Sunday meal
- It’s 1 (1.5 kg) of roasting joint.
- It’s 500 g of baby potatoes.
- You need 2 of large onions.
- Prepare 4-5 of large carrots.
- Prepare 500 ml of gravy/beef stock.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Handful frozen peas.
- It’s Handful of frozen sweet corn.
Put the flour and some salt and. And as much as I enjoy cooking and baking, I prefer not to spend my Sunday in the kitchen. I'd much rather be doing something with my family. I love the varieties of dinners – from a hearty stew to a slow cooker lasagna, there's something for every.
Slow cooker Sunday meal step by step
- Dice onions and slice carrots. Add to the base of the slow cooker..
- Add the beef joint to the slow cooker. Variation here is to sear the joint beforehand..
- Dice/cut the baby potatoes and add to the pot. Add the stock/gravy making sure to coat the joint..
- Add the add peas and sweet corn to taste..
- Slow cook for 4-4:30 hrs on high or 6-6:30 on low. Time will vary depending on your slow cooker and the size of the joint..
- After the cooking period has elapsed. Remove the joint from the cooker..
- Allow the joint to rest, at least 10 minutes..
- Slice the joint to your favourite thickness..
- Serve with the veg from the pot, or your favourite Sunday roast veg..
For a "set it and forget it" Sunday dinner, use a lean chuck or bottom round roast for this slow cooker roast with vegetables that cooks all day while you do other things. The meat comes out absolutely packed with flavor, thanks to the low and slow cooking, and red wine whose acidity helps tenderize the meat. This full chicken dinner is a great Sunday meal, set this up after lunch and no worries about dinner at all, scoop and serve when the timer goes off. This lineup of weeknight favorites calls for minimal upfront prep in the morning or the night before, then leans hard on the slow cooker to do the heavy lifting. If your slow-cooker isn't already your favorite thing ever, something's about to get booted.