vegetarian couscous. How to Make Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Couscous: Heat olive oil and add red onions. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Mix in the salt & pepper, paprika, ground coriander, turmeric, celery salt, cumin ground cinnamon, and cayenne pepper (if using).
Carrots, celery, peppers and zucchini add fresh crunch and bright color. Couscous is often the starch of choice in a North African meal. Here, I've developed a vegetarian couscous entree that is savory and slightly sweet with a hint of spice. You can cook vegetarian couscous using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of vegetarian couscous
- Prepare of couscous.
- Prepare 1 quart of uncooked couscous.
- It’s of add ins.
- It’s 29 oz of black beans drained.
- You need 2 can of white beans sixteen ounces each.
- It’s 16 oz of mushrooms.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped water chestnut.
- Prepare of vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 quart of water.
- Prepare 3 large of peeled slice carrots.
- You need 3 of celery sliced.
- You need 6 small of shallots.
- It’s 2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of nuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mixed nuts chopped anf toasted.
- Prepare 1 of Brazil nuts.
- Prepare 1 of hazelnuts/mrs Filberts.
- You need 1 of walnuts.
- It’s 1 of almonds.
- Prepare 1 of pecans.
- Prepare of the beans.
- You need 1 tsp of wasabi paste.
This yummy Moroccan vegetable couscous can be served as a vegan entree or you can serve it as a healthy side dish for your veggie meal. This recipe involves lots of veggies and dried fruits, so it doesn't get any healthier than this. This simple side dish is easy to prepare, but boasts complex and vibrant flavors. Tagines are flavorful Moroccan stews loaded with cooked vegetables and signature spices like cumin, coriander and ginger.
vegetarian couscous instructions
- crack the nuts set aside.
- take the broth ingredients boil them.
- chop the mushrooms sauté in olive oil.
- heat the beans and water cheastnuts add wasabi paste.
- remove the carrots celery and shallots put with beans add couscous to broth stir well add remainder of the ingredients.
This version is a wonderful opportunity for vegetarians to experience international fare at its best. This sweet couscous, filled with dried fruits, fresh mango, and peanuts, can be served warm or cold. It makes a great side dish for pork. Quick Moroccan Couscous "Quick and easy to make—and it was delicious!" – sam. Pasta Pearls and Olive Salad "Love this salad!