Vegan "Crab" Cakes. Why not call them something else? I know the title could be a little confusing, or even annoying to some people (that's not my intention). However, since it's a mock version of the original recipe, the title helps people find it easier online.
The artichokes make an amazing texture! However, you could also replace the artichokes with hearts of palms. Vegan Crab Cakes with Sriracha Aioli Jump to Recipe Print Recipe These melt-in-your-mouth vegan crab cakes are made with seasoned artichoke heart patties coated with crispy panko breadcrumbs, pan-fried until crisp, and served with spicy cashew-sriracha aioli! You can cook Vegan "Crab" Cakes using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan "Crab" Cakes
- Prepare 2 cans of hart of palm, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 cup of cooked chickpeas.
- You need 1/4 cup of aquafaba (the chickpeas water).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of vegan mayo.
- You need 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worchester sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Hearts of Palm are not to be confused with palm oil. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. FOR THE "CRAB CAKE": Fold all ingredients together. Add chickpeas, hearts of palm, and artichoke hearts to food processor.
Vegan "Crab" Cakes instructions
- In a food processor, add heart of palm and cooked chickpeas..
- Plus ingredients together until the texture is flaky and resembles crab meat..
- In a large bowl add aquafaba (water chickpeas where cooked in, or water from the chickpea can), and whisk liquid for 1 minute until it turns white and foamy (like egg whites)..
- Next add in vegan mayo, dijon mustard, Worchester sauce, liquid smoke, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and the heart of palm/chickpea mix..
- Carefully mix all the ingredients together, making sure the flavor is evenly distributed..
- Using a measuring spoon (to ensure equal sizing), scoop out the "crab" cake mix and shape into the desired disk size..
- Once done, place "crab" cakes into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, this will help keep the hold while frying them later..
- To shallow fry; in a large skillet add cooking oil (I used 1/2 cup canola oil for its high smoke point) on medium heat..
- Cook "crab" cakes for 3-5 minutes on both sides until golden brown..
- Enjoy these Vegan "Crab" Cakes just as you would any other crab cake! I served mine on a bed of mixed spring salad, with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE VIDEO AT WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/LATRAGUERRA.
- Please give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!.
Pulse until mixture is chopped, yet still slightly chunky. Internet and social media food sensation Tabitha Brown makes her wildly popular crabless crab cakes. #TamronHallShow #TamronHall #TabithaBrown Subscribe to T. I used to love getting crab cakes before going vegan but had not found a suitable replacement, that is until trying Robin Robertson's Heart of Palm and Artichoke Cakes from her new book Veganize It. These Vegan Crab Cakes are perfect on their own as an entree but I could see myself using them in a few different ways: appetizers, sandwiches (like po' boys), or salads. Support OneGreenPlanet Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content.