Layered "Peeps" Rice Krispie Treats. This rice krispie treats recipe is not only delicious, but it's layered with Peeps, so it's colorful too! Rice Krispie Treats with a twist – they're made with marshmallow Peeps and layered for a beautiful, colorful Easter treat! Make these Layered Peeps Treats for all of your spring gatherings!
Making a Rice Krispie Treats recipe? Make these simple, gooey, classic treats even better than the original by using browned butter, vanilla and Peeps! My favorite thing about Peeps is heating them up in the microwave until they almost explode. You can have Layered "Peeps" Rice Krispie Treats using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Layered "Peeps" Rice Krispie Treats
- It’s 4 Tablespoon of butter – divided by 4.
- You need 4-3 oz. of packages marshmallow peeps , any color – your choice.
- You need 6 cups of rice krispie cereal – divided by 4 (1& 1/2 cups each time).
I don't tend to do this with the bunny ones, but the duck. You can try find out more about Layered Peeps Rice Krispie Treats for Easter. Peeps + Butter + Rice Krispies = Peeps Krispies Treats. They're as easy to make as regular Rice Krispies Treats so this would be a fun Easter activity for kids.
Layered "Peeps" Rice Krispie Treats instructions
- Prepare 8 or 9" loaf pan by lining with foil and spraying with cooking spray..
- Divide the peeps by 10's of the same color. Your choice..
- In a medium size microwavable dish. With high sides. Microwave 10 peeps of the same color and 1 Tablespoon butter on high for 40-45 seconds..
- Stir the peeps and butter together until fully incorporated. Stir in 1 &1/2 cups cereal until fully coated press firmly into prepared pan..
- Repeat steps 3-5 with othet peeps. Allow to cool 1-2 hours before slicing..
Peeps Krispies Treats unsurprisingly taste sweeter and more Peepsy (read: chemical. Why make boring Rice Krispie treats when you can make colorful and festive bar treats using Peeps and Rice Krispie cereal? I love taking a bite into these Peep Rice Krispie Treat S'mores. The melted Peeps add a little bit of sweetness to the Rice Krispie Treats. The marshmallow filling is light and airy and the thin layer of chocolate cracks perfectly with each bite.