Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes. Great recipe for Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes. We have fried just about everything in cornbread here in Florida. If you need the calories this is for you.
Place corn in a large stockpot; add water to cover. Cut corn from cobs and place in a large bowl. Stir in red pepper, tomatoes, onion and basil. You can cook Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes
- It’s 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- You need 1/4 cup of lard.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat. Press through a sieve or food mill; return to the pan. Add the sugar, salt and white pepper.
Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes instructions
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
Garnish with parsley and green onion. These Sautéed Corn and Tomatoes are the perfect quick fix side dish for summer. Savory, sweet, and full of flavor, they pair perfectly with grilled meat. Add the fresh or frozen thawed corn kernels, salt, and ground black pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.