Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice. Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp Ingredients: Honey: Makes everything sticky but it makes it a little sweeter too! Soy Sauce: One of my favorite sauces to add to shrimp. It has a sweet and salty flavor that cooks well in shrimp.
I love a good stir fry, and trying new ways to make Chinese restaurant-worthy meals in my own kitchen. A few favorites are lightened up General Tso Chicken, and Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry. This shrimp dish, made with orange juice and orange zest, scallions and red pepper flakes for some kick is a new favorite! You can cook Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice
- It’s 1 lb of medium raw shrimp.
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 cup of minute rice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of green onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 lb of firm tofu.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sweet Chile sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of teriyaki sauce.
Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl. Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Place the shrimp into the pan in an even layer. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another minute or until they're just cooked but still a little translucent in the center.
Honey garlic shrimp & tofu with rice instructions
- Mix shrimp with honey, minced garlic, onion powder and soy sauce and marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes or up to 8 hours. I marinated mine for an hour..
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside. Place tofu with a paper towel beneath and on top and place something heavy like a cast iron skillet on top to press out the extra water. Cut tofu into 1/4 inch pieces..
- In lightly oiled skillet place diced mushrooms, green onion and tofu and sauté on medium heat for about 8 minutes flipping halfway through. Stir in teriyaki sauce and sweet Chile sauce and stir then stir in rice. Heat another 2/3 minutes..
- Place on plate and top with shrimp and garnish with green onion..
If you've got some shrimp on hand, give a quick scan of your pantry, you might have all the ingredients you'll need to make this delicious Honey Garlic Shrimp or Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken. In a medium pan, heat oil. Add shrimp to the pan, but discard the used marinade. Cook shrimp on one side for about a minute, then flip over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook until shrimp is cooked through and just firm.