Pan-fried Tofu in Dashi. Add half the tofu to a pan in a single layer. Flip each cube with a spatula and fry for a few more minutes or until crispy. There are many ways to prepare agedashi tofu and also make the sauce.
It is deep fried tofu with a crispy crust formed The second is that it lightly seasons the tofu. This allows you to make the dashi less salty so you can enjoy it as a soup along with the tofu. Momen tofu is next to the firm silken tofu in terms of firmness of the tofu. You can have Pan-fried Tofu in Dashi using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried Tofu in Dashi
- It’s 1 of Tofu(300g).
- You need 5 cm of daikon radish (grated).
- Prepare 8 of Fushimi peppers (anything green is fine).
- You need 300 ml of dashi stock.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of mirin.
- You need 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of katakuriko (potato or corn starch).
- You need 4 Tbsp of oil.
I think that any harder than momen The sweet soy sauce-based dashi goes so well with deep fried tofu. It looks tricky to make but Place tofu and cornflour plates next to the deep-frying pan. Taking one piece of tofu at a time. Golden crispy deep fried tofu in delicious tsuyu and topped with grated radish, green onion, and bonito flakes.
Pan-fried Tofu in Dashi step by step
- Drain tofu well. Cut into 8 portions, sprinkle them with katakuriko..
- Pan-fry the tofu and Fushimi pepper with oil, until all the sides of tofu are crunchy and browned..
- In a small pot, boil dashi stock, add mirin and soy sauce..
- Put the fried tofu into the pot, let them boil for a minute, add grated daikon and Fushimi pepper, turn off the heat before it boils again..
- Leave the pot for a while, and serve..
This unique appetizer is crispy on the outside Hi Nolwenn! But for Agedashi Tofu, you can use a frying pan and shallow fry it with less oil. Place the abura age fried tofu in a colander or similar and pour on some hot water to remove any excess oil on the outside. In a pan, add the dashi stock, soy sauce and cooking sake and cook over a high heat. When it the mixture comes to the boil, add the abura age and cover with a drop lid.