Ragi Rotti. Ragi mudde & ragi rotti are the staples in rural karnataka and are eaten during the beginning of the day especially by the farmers. These roti are nutrient dense and keeps hunger pangs away. good for health. ragi rotti, also known as ragi roti or finger millet roti. the ragi roti can be prepared in two ways. the first one is rolling out like normal chapathi. the second option is hand-beaten on top of. Ragi rotti or finger millet flour roti recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video.
It is one of the mandatory dishes savoured by rural population of the state. Ragi is rich with proteins and fiber which gives energy when consumed. Ragi rotti, or ragi roti, is a healthy food. You can cook Ragi Rotti using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ragi Rotti
- You need 1.5 cup of Ragi flour.
- You need 4 tsp of Rice flour.
- You need 1 of chopped onions.
- You need 3-5 of Chopped green chilli.
- Prepare 1 inch of chopped ginger.
- It’s leaves of Curry.
- Prepare leaves of Coriander.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Hing.
- You need 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery.
- It’s 3 tsp of coconut.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Water to mix.
Kudos to ragi, it has, among others, calcium, iron and fiber. To begin making the Ragi Ujju Rotti Recipe, in a medium sized vessel, bring the water to a boil in a pan with salt and oil. Ragi Roti Recipe with step by step pics. Rustic, healthy and easy nachni rotis made with ragi aka finger millet flour and whole wheat flour. this ragi roti recipe is similar to the way phulkas or jowar.
Ragi Rotti instructions
- In a bowl take onion + chilli + cumin seeds + curry leaves + coriander leaves + salt + jaggery +oil + hing + ginger + coconut. Mix well..
- Now to the same bowl add ragi flour + rice flour and mix well with hot water(half glass) and form a dough. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Now heat the pan. Take a small portion of dough and spread it round in a aluminum foil or sheet making holes in between. Place it on the pan and remove the foil carefully. Heat it on both sides..
- Serve hot ragi rotti with curd/yogurt and sugar..
Ragi rottis are probably unique to Karnataka and are one of the all time favorites for Here's the recipe for traditional healthy hearty Ragi rotti. Don't miss out the notes section at the end of the post… Ragi Rotti is a nutritious roti made with Ragi Flour (Nachni Atta or Finger Millet). This recipe is from Karnataka and all the Ragi Rotti needs as accompaniment is Yoghurt. Oats- ragi chapatti is a chapati or roti recipe with a healthy blend of high fibre flours like oats along with iron rich ragi or nachni flour. Baking Missed out on our mailers?