Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese. Slow cooker mac and cheese is easy to assemble and is a creamy, comfort food for weeknight dinners or potlucks. No Boil Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is creamy, easy and delicious! This easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese recipe is a little different from your average slow cooker meal… this one only takes a few hours, which makes it perfect for entertaining, game day, or whipping up in the afternoon when you forgot to plan your dinner ahead of time!
This recipe is easily doubled to feed a crowd, AND it's budget-friendly. The perfect party-ready mac and cheese! In slow cooker, beat milks, melted butter, mustard, salt and peppers with whisk. You can cook Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- You need 3 cup of Elbow noodles or mini rotini pasta (raw).
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 of Egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter or margarine.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Combine macaroni, butter, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan, evaporated milk, whole milk, garlic powder, and paprika in a slow cooker. Evaporated Milk: Different than condensed milk, evaporated milk is actually milk with half of the water content removed. A friend brought me a big casserole of mac and cheese along with the recipe many years ago after I had had knee surgery.
Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese step by step
- Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray..
- Combine all ingredients (except 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese) in slow cooker and stir. I recommend using a fair amount of garlic and onion powder (at least a few shakes)..
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally during first hour to melt butter all the way..
- After 1 hour, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and let sit..
- Stir and serve while hot. Enjoy!.
The best, quick and easy slow cooker mac and cheese recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Super creamy, loaded with cheese (cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan). No Velveeta and requires no boil pasta/ uncooked noodles. If you are crazy about this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese and One Pot Mac and Cheese as much as me, you have to try today's recipe immediately. This mac and cheese does double duty, pleasing both camps of mac and cheese lovers.