Slow Cooker Beef Rendang. The dish would be ready to eat after. I like my rendang toasted further though, rendering much more of the coconut oil out. To do this, just transfer everything to a pan and allow to cook for another five minutes or until the sauce has considerably dried up..
This Beef Rendang can be made in a slow cooker, but I find it easiest to make it all on the stove. This is the best slow cooker beef rendang recipe out there. Spicy, aromatic and fresh despite its long cooking time. You can have Slow Cooker Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Rendang
- You need 1.5 Kg of Chuck Steak.
- Prepare 1 of Stem Lemon Grass.
- It’s 1 of Med Onion, chopped.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 of Med Onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Chili peppers.
- You need 3 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick or 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 8 of Fresh Curry Leaves, torn.
- You need 2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 425 ml of can Coconut Milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Make sure you get your hands on a decent piece of beef and invite all the family round to sample this fragrant, thick, curry. If you haven't tried it before, it's a great gateway into Indonesian cooking and a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Slow Cooked Affordable, no-fuss recipes for your slow cooker Simple, creative ideas for everyday cooking Mouthwatering dishes to feed a crowd Buy the book Amazon Waterstones Hive. Rendang is a Malaysian dish full of.
Slow Cooker Beef Rendang step by step
- Cut Beef into 3cm pieces.
- In food processor combine Lemon Grass, chilies, Onion, Garlic, and Ginger until smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and ground spices. Cook stirring until Onion is soft..
- Add lemon grass mixture to the spices and and continue to cook, stirring until fragrant..
- Stir in beef, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves, and sugar..
- Put everything in crock pot and add the coconut milk. Simmer covered for 4 hours and then for an additional 4 hours uncovered..
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of side dishes. I like it with garlic naan..
Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker. Puree until smooth, then pour over the beef. The beef will be tender and the sauce will be dark brown. You could make Slow cooker Irish stew for a hearty meal. You may like Slow cooker beer stew if you love big flavours.