Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker. Place the sausages in an even layer over the pepper mixture. Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage.
Add tomato puree mixture, sausage, peppers and onion to slow cooker crock. Stir until mixture is coated with sauce. Add the peppers, onions, garlic, and Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce to the slow cooker; stir. You can cook Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of Italian sausage links (hot or sweet).
- You need 1 of small yellow onion.
- You need 2 of bell peppers (any color).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each granulated sugar, salt, dried basil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, oregano.
Mom to Mom Nutrition Katie Serbinski, M. D., is a registered dietitian and millennial mom, blogging about healthy recipes, child and mom nutrition, and motherhood. Place the sweet and hot sausages, green and red peppers, onion, and pasta sauce in a slow cooker. Classic Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions Sandwiches is an old world italian sausage and peppers recipe.
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the slow cooker well. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, garlic, worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasonings. Set this aside..
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat. Slice the sausages into thirds, then place them into the pan and brown for just a couple of minutes on each side, until golden brown. You don't have to worry about them being fully cooked through at this point, as they'll finish cooking in the slow cooker..
- Once browned all over, transfer the sausages into the slow cooker. Slice the onion in half, then slice it so that you get thin, half moon shaped slices. Slice the bell peppers into strips. Add the onions and peppers to the slow cooker and stir everything together..
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. The sausage, onions, and peppers should be very soft and tender. Serve immediately however you'd like..
Made to perfection using your slow cooker, this sausage and peppers sandwich is full of that classic flavor you will love! These Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers are so tasty and incredibly flavorful and simple to make. Italian sausage, peppers, onions and seasoning. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.