Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings. Stir in bay leaves, thyme and remaining chicken broth. For dumplings, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour over soup and broth then add thyme and bay leaf. Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings. You can cook Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker
- Prepare of Stew Ingredients:.
- It’s 1 lb. of russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of salt-free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each poultry seasoning, nutmeg, garlic powder.
- It’s 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare of Dumpling Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of dried parsley.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Juicy chicken breasts cooked to tender perfection in the slow cooker in a rich creamy sauce. Shortcut dumplings make this deliciously comforting meal effortless for a family favorite everyone will agree on. Chicken and Dumplings are probably the ultimate comfort food. Chicken and dumplings are so easy with this slow cooker recipe that calls for condensed soup and refrigerated biscuit dough.
Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the slow cooker (6 quart size) well. Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic into the slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the veggies and then sprinkle on the seasonings. Pour the broth over the top, set the heat to low, then place the lid on for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and everything is tender..
- For the dumplings: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the dumplings…the 1 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and parsley. Then stir in the egg and buttermilk until just combined…do not overmix or the dumplings will be tough. Set this batter aside..
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it and stir it back into the slow cooker along with the corn. Taste and add whatever additional seasoning you think it needs. Then, make sure the heat is switched to high temperature for the next steps. Whisk together the 1/4 cup all purpose flour and cream until smooth, then whisk it into the slow cooker..
- Drop the dumpling batter by small spoonfuls over the top of the slow cooker contents until it's all used up. Keep in mind that the dumplings will expand as they cook, so leave a bit of space between them. Place the lid back on and cook on high heat for an additional 35 minutes – 1 hour..
- Once it's ready, the soup should have thickened and a toothpick inserted into the dumplings should come out clean. Once it's ready, serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge..
This traditional chicken and dumplings recipe, simmered for hours in the slow cooker, is pure comfort food. These dumplings are flecked with parsley for fresh flavor and color. Stir the soup, water, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl.