GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies. You won't believe how addicting these cookies are! I make these every year to go on the Christmas cookie trays, and they are always the first to dissappear. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. These Lemon Cookies are incredibly soft and bursting with lemon flavor! I wanted to keep these cookies simple, but if you really love lemon you could also add a lemon glaze to them. You can cook GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies
- You need 1 stick of (8 tbl.) undalted butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- You need of (add 1 tsp. zanthan gum to flour if not in flour blend already).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp. of grated lemon peel.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need of Cinnamon sugar- 1/4 cup sugar & 1 tsp. cinnamon, stir.
You could also try rolling them in some powdered sugar right before baking them for a lemon crinkle cookie too! Performs various Card Tricks at a given interval. Surprises with Revival Magic one time. (More frequent Card Tricks with upgrades.) Add the lemon zest, the cinnamon, the flours and the baking powder. Run your hands over wholemeal flour (the cookie dough is a little sticky).
GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies step by step
- Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended..
- Add flour, cinnamon, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture and blend well..
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Line baking sheets with parchment and lightly spray with oil..
- Shape dough into small balls, about 3/4" in diameter. Roll balls and coat in cinnamon sugar..
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Cool for a minute in the pan then remove to rack to cool completely..
With the palm of your hands form small balls and spread them. Put them on a tray with a sheet of parchment paper and strain them with a fork. Partially because most lemon cookie recipes look lackluster in the lemon flavoring department, look too cakey for my liking, or look too flat and wimpy. These cookies pack a powerful lemon punch, they're soft and dense rather than cakey, they're thick enough to sink your teeth into, and I love that. These lemon crinkle crinkle cookies are the perfect dessert in the summer, but they also make the perfect holiday cookie in the winter.