Gorda's Sizzling Spicy Shrimp. How to cook Shrimp Gambas Shrimp Gambas Recipe ( Spicy ), is popular Filipino shrimp dish. Most of the Restaurant in the Philippines serve this on their menu as an appetizer or a main dish. The term Gambas in Spanish pertain to prawns, Shrimp Gambas Recipe often uses medium to large sized shrimps, most Restaurants don't use jumbo or colossal prawns because of price reasons.
Feel free to make it as spicy or mild as you prefer! This weekend marks six months since we packed up our lives and moved across the ocean to Barcelona. Add shrimp, season with sea salt and black pepper. You can have Gorda's Sizzling Spicy Shrimp using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gorda's Sizzling Spicy Shrimp
- Prepare 12 of Jumbo or large tiger shrimp (clean, no shell & tail on).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil, divided (I use Canola or Vegetable oil for this.).
- It’s 1 of lemon, juiced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Finely chopped cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
Remove shrimp and set it aside in a bowl. Add chili paste, tomato paste and water. This Sizzling Gambas recipe is the ultimate recipe. The sauce is thick, spicy and tasty.
Gorda's Sizzling Spicy Shrimp instructions
- In large shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the oil, cilantro, cayenne, turmeric, and salt(Keep in mind that some shrimp are sold frozen with salt already added to them so if you're using frozen instead of fresh, please be careful with the amount of salt you add.) Stir well and taste…the marinade should be tangy and a lil spicy. Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly with the marinade..
- Heat a large skillet on high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is HOT, add the shrimp and marinade to the pan, leave the heat on high & toss (mix, stir) the shrimp several times. Cover the pan while the shrimp cook so all the marinade doesn't evaporate. When the shrimp are just pink (about 5 minutes cooking time- do not over cook!) remove and arrange them on a platter, pouring any remaining juices over & enjoy!.
- SIDE NOTE FROM GORDA:You can also enjoy these suckers on the barbecue. Use wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least half an hour. Skewer the shrimp, draining and reserving the marinade and barbecue them over high heat until just cooked & don't forget to occasionally baste with the marinade while cooking the shrimp! :).
This recipe is just like Gerry's Grill Gambas.yummm! The spicier the better it taste. If you like the video please subscribe to my YouTube channel thank you. Sherry or lemon juice is not always used, but either one adds a nice contrast to the richness of the oil and garlic.. Add the shrimp, garlic and another pinch pepper flakes (or to taste).