Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce. Curried Beef Pitas with Cucumber Sauce. A good friend gave me this recipe when I first got married. I was a bit apprehensive to try it since the ingredients weren't that familiar to me, but, years later, it's now one of our family favorites.
Top Round Steak deliciously marinated in soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, ginger and lemon peel. Curried beef & chicken in a pita with cucumber sauce? There is no such thing Kevy as fake cucumber !!. You can cook Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream(not a fan of yogurt).
- You need 1 cup of fine diced peeled cucumber.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh minced mint.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves pressed.
- It’s of Justice of 1 lemon(or to taste).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef or lamb.
- It’s 1 of small onion fine diced.
- It’s 1 of medium golden delicious apple fine chopped (wait to chop it before it goes in the beef mixture).
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne (optional).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare Pack of pita, but I use the new half pita pockets.
I do not like fake!.of coarse the real cucumber is* its sauce ! ~ Lamb Pitas with Cucumbers and Yogurt Saucechowhound.com. Beef Kebabs with Cucumber Yogurt SauceKeto Vale. Meatballs With Cucumber Sauce on FlatbreadsBetter Homes and Gardens. Grill pitas until spotty brown and warm, a minute or so per side.
Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce instructions
- Mix the first 7 ingredient and set in the fridge so the flavors marry.
- Add the onion and ground beef to a skillet until the beef is cooked through. Add the apples, raisin, curry powder, brown sugar, 4 tbsp of butter and salt and cook until the apple are soft.
In this flavorful dish, warm pitas are filled with sweet sautéed onion and bites of chicken coated with warming vadouvan curry In a large bowl, combine the sliced cabbage and white bottoms of the scallions, sweet chili sauce, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Line insides of pita pockets with spinach. Add roast beef, tomato and onion. Two sandwich halves may easily fit into your personal meal plan. This sauce would also be good drizzled over a sliced tomato salad and grilled or broiled fish.