Chinese Chicken with Mushrooms my version of Moo Goo Gai Pan. Unlike the Chinese take-out style, the mushroom chicken stir fry that I'm familiar with only uses sliced chicken and oyster mushrooms, cooked in a silky chicken broth based sauce with a touch of soy sauce. That is the northern Chinese version. I found the Moo Goo Gai Pan in the US had so many more types of vegetables in it.
Chicken with Mushrooms (Moo Goo Gai Pan) Jazzed up version of the restaurant classic. This chicken with mushrooms contains a pinch of bright red peppers to give it a color pop and another flavor element. How to Make Moo Goo Gai Pan. You can cook Chinese Chicken with Mushrooms my version of Moo Goo Gai Pan using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken with Mushrooms my version of Moo Goo Gai Pan
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in 1/4 inche slices.
- Prepare 1 of FOR MARINADE.
- It’s 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of FOR VEGETABLES.
- Prepare 8 oz of white mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of oyster mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chiniese chili sauce with garlic or srircha hot sauce, more if you like it spicy.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water to mix.
- Prepare 4 of sliced green onions for garnish.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola or peanut oil to cook more if needed.
Slice the chicken into small bite-sized pieces and season well. Combine the marinade and whisk well. Healthy Moo Goo Gai Pan recipe. Moo Goo Gai Pan is one of our favorite Chinese chicken dishes, but restaurant or take-out versions often turn out too oily and salty, making me feeling completely weighed down.
Chinese Chicken with Mushrooms my version of Moo Goo Gai Pan instructions
- In a bowl beat egg white with remaining marinade ingredients to blend, add chicken let sit 15 to 30 minutes..
- In a large pan or wok heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot, sear chicken slices until golden, removing as just golden to a plate. When all the chicken is out of the pan add all mushrooms, onion and garlic, add more oil if needed cook until tender. Meanwhile combine all sauce ingredients whisk well to combine..
- When vegetables are tender add sauce to them, bring to a simmer to thicken, return chicken slices with any juices to mushoom mixture, heat through and serve garnished with green onions..
- Serve with rice or noodles..
So this version uses less oil and salt, with more vegetables including white button mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and more. When all the chicken is out of the pan add all mushrooms, onion and garlic, add more oil if needed cook until tender. Meanwhile combine all sauce ingredients whisk well to combine. Moo Goo Gai Pan (Chinese Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry) I spent most of my time in culinary school perpetually hungry (ironically). Moo Gai Pan is a healthy Asian Chinese stir fry of chicken and mushrooms.