Shumai (fish shrimp pork). Flavorful Pork Dumplings with crunchy shrimps, bouncy pork & fragrant mushrooms. Shumai (Shrimp & Pork Dumplings 燒賣). Jump to: Step by Step Photo Guide
Pork and shrimp are classic ingredients for Cantonese style shumai. The wrappers for Cantonese style shrimp & pork shumai are made of unleavened, thin piece of dough that contains lye water (an alkaline solution that gives the pastry a yellow colour and springy. Shūmai in Japan have shrimp as the main ingredient and neither pork nor beef is used in the dough. You can cook Shumai (fish shrimp pork) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shumai (fish shrimp pork)
- Prepare 250 gr of fish meat (tenggiri).
- You need 250 gr of shrimp (skinless).
- Prepare 50 gr of pork minced.
- Prepare 1 pc of egg.
- Prepare 3 of garlic (mince and fry).
- You need 2 tbs of tapioca flour.
- Prepare of Paper.
- It’s of Salt soysouce.
- Prepare of Oyster souce.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Dumpling skin.
- You need touch of Carrot for final.
Because the population of Indonesia is largely Muslim, pork siomay is rare and is usually made from various fish, most commonly wahoo or mackerel tuna. Traditional Cantonese Shumai recipe just like what you get from the Chinese Dim Sum restaurant. For me, I just wanted to indulge in the heavenly Shumai, barbecue pork bun, and shrimp dumplings. Chef Morimoto shows us how to make his crazy-good shumai, filled with pork, shrimp, and mushrooms.
Shumai (fish shrimp pork) step by step
- Pour all ingredient, except dumpling skin and carrot Mix well and leave it for min 1 hour at refrigerator.
- Form the shumai with yout hands, grab the filing and put it on the centre of dumpling skin. With your finger, wrap it like picture.
- Put a bit carrot at top side And steam it for 15min.
- Fiolaaa.. Bon appetite.
Shrimp & Pork Dumplings (Shumai) ขนมจีบ. This is a dim sum favourite for many of us! Originally a Chinese dish, these yummy little Transfer shrimp into a mixing bowl and add ground pork, garlic mixture, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch, and egg. A solid shumai recipe should definitely be added to your repertoire if you're into Chinese food. The reasons are: You can easily prepare them ahead and freeze them for later.