Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew. Homemade Southern Beef Stew Like creamy butter beans, Homemade Southern Beef Stew is another one of those belly warmin', budget stretchin' meals that's pretty popular this time of year. The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect for it too. My vegetable beef takes about two and a half hours but it's worth it.
Fresh potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage, sometimes celery if I have it. How to Store Stew + Sides. Just let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stove. You can cook Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Pound of Beef Stew Meat.
- It’s as Needed of Salt.
- It’s as Needed of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion Diced.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 6 Cups of Water.
- It’s 14 Ounce of Can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 3 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Chopped Celery Stalks and Leaves.
- It’s 1 Cup of Frozen Corn Kernels.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Diced Potatoes.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Sliced Carrots.
Melt the butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Place flour in a shallow dish; add beef chunks and coat completely with flour. Heat up oil in a deep stock pot over medium high heat. Generously season stew meat with salt and pepper.
Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew instructions
- Heat up oil in a deep stock pot over medium high heat. Generously season stew meat with salt and pepper. Brown stew meat and chopped onion together, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and chopped garlic during the last minute..
- Add water, tomato sauce and beef bouillon cubes. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- When ready add chopped celery, carrots, frozen corn kernels, and diced potatoes. Cover and simmer approximately 30-45 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Adjust seasoning if needed..
- Serve with fresh cornbread for a complete meal. Tastes even better the next day. Enjoy!! Note: This can be cooked in a crockpot, Insta Pot, etc. Just adjust your cooking times..
Add Italian seasoning and chopped garlic during the last minute. Beef stew is the benevolent king of all stews. Familiar yet never tiresome, chunks of tender beef and potatoes in rich brown gravy will always bring comfort and joy to our tables. Little things are what elevate a good stew to become a great one. Taking time to sear the beef is integral to flavor in. Seriously, the best beef stew recipe ever, with slow-braised beef, chunky mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and peas.