Slow Cooker Porchetta. Season pork shoulder generously with salt and pepper. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Stab pork all over with a fork or knife.
Add the pre-seasoned porketta roast to the slow cooker and put the lid on it. Porchetta—highly seasoned, deboned, stuffed and roasted whole pig—is a marketplace staple in many parts of Italy. Here is a simplified home-cooked version that still has all the flavors of the original. You can have Slow Cooker Porchetta using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Porchetta
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried Basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Rosemary.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 3 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- It’s 1 of large Onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 cup of Cold Water.
- It’s 4-6 lb of Boneless Pork Butt Roast.
Serve it as a main course or stuffed inside crusty rolls for lunch. It has been awhile since I have had Porketta on the menu and I was kind of in the mood to use the slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Porketta Roast Recipe is a simple recipe, but you have to allow time for the seasoning to blend into the meat. I knew I had a busy day coming up so I planned ahead and rubbed the seasoning in the night before.
Slow Cooker Porchetta step by step
- Cut the pork roast in half. Mix basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, rosemary, fennel, garlic & onion powder, and salt & pepper in a food processor and process until smooth..
- Spread herb paste all over pork halves. Pat the paste into the pork roast..
- Put one half of the pork roast on top of the other, then place onto dish. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I highly recommend doing it overnight..
- Place the onions and garlic into the slow cooker, then pour the water on top of that. Put the pork roast on top of the onions, garlic, and water. Close the lid, put the temperature on low, then set the timer for 8 hours..
- When it is all done, take the pork roast out and put it on a cutting board. Using two forks, pull apart the pork. It will be so tender, that this will be so easy..
A domestic take on the classic Italian marketplace or street food, Porchetta, which is actually roast suckling pig. Porchetta is thickly sliced and served in ciabatta bread as a delectable hot sandwich throughout Italy. My recipe is a much-adapted recipe taken from one of Nigella Lawson's cookbooks, and it is SO easy to make at home. Great recipe for Slow Cooker Porchetta. It was so good that day.