Slow Cooker Lasagna. Start with a skillet and finish with a slow cooker. A saute of onion, garlic and ground beef is simmered with tomato and oregano, then layered in a slow cooker with raw lasagna noodles and a creamy blend of cottage cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
Just pack the slow-cooker with four layers of sauce, noodles and cheese, then come home to crockpot lasagna four to six hours later. How to make Slow Cooker Lasagna: Prepare the red sauce, first. I make my mom's awesome homemade spaghetti sauce for the sauce, but you could use any bottled marinara sauce you like. You can cook Slow Cooker Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Prepare of Meat Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (29 oz.) of tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes).
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of each dried parsley, dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Cheesy Filling:.
- It’s 1 container (15 oz.) of Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Other things you need:.
- Prepare 6-8 of lasagna noodles (not oven ready).
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
Add a little sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with remaining noodles (broken to fit), cheese mixture and meat sauce. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.
Slow Cooker Lasagna step by step
- Grease your slow cooker well and set aside. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and the beef. Cook and break up the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant, just a minute or so. Then stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar and seasonings. Let this simmer for 5-10 minutes just to let the flavors meld together. Then remove it from the heat and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Set that aside..
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, spread about 1 cup of sauce…more if needed to completely coat the bottom. Place 2-3 of the lasagna noodles over the meat sauce, breaking them up to fit as best you can..
- Place about a third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it all over..
- Repeat this process. I get 3 layers altogether. After the last layer of ricotta mixture, spread over the last of the meat sauce. Top with the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. At this point you could always place the lid on and store it in the fridge until ready to cook..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the noodles are tender. Then scoop it out the best you can and serve immediately..
Heat the slow cooker if necessary. Can you cook pasta in the slow cooker? This is one of my favorite ways to cook pasta, just adjust the cook time to about half of your normal slow cooker recipes so the pasta doesn. You don't need to cook the lasagna noodles ahead of time. They cook perfectly in the crock pot, absorbing lots of flavor along the way.