Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew. This crock pot beef stew recipe isn't super thick. It's really good, but it has something between a thin stock/soup base and a super thick gravy. This is the best beef stew I've ever made.
Mix flour, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Mix cornstarch with water and stir into stew. You can cook Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew
- You need 1 lb of stewing beef.
- Prepare 4 of med. russet potatoes (peeled and diced).
- You need 1 of med. onion (diced).
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- You need 3-4 of med. carrots (peeled and diced).
- You need 2-3 stalks of celery (chopped).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 cubes of beef bouillon.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
Coat the beef in the flour. Heat a few tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Classic Crock-Pot Beef Stew instructions
- Add everything, but peas to Crock-Pot..
- High: 6-7 hours, Low: 9-10.
- Add peas last 30-60 mins.
In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Start the gravy: Put the skillet back over medium high heat. If needed, add a little more oil.