Crockpot quinoa and vegetables. Check out this delicious recipe for Crockpot Quinoa and Vegetables. This recipe is very easy to throw together and you will have a fantastic side dish or meal in no time. If you are not Vegan or Vegetarian you can make this Crockpot Side Dish into a meal by mixing in beans or even grilled chicken to stretch it even further.
This is my new favorite recipe. It's my favorite because it's so easy to make, requiring just. The longer this soup cooks, the more liquid the quinoa absorbs. You can have Crockpot quinoa and vegetables using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot quinoa and vegetables
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped or shredded carrots.
- It’s 1 can of beans.
- You need 1 head of broccoli, chopped.
- It’s 3 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of You can add in any vegetables you like!.
For a heartier soup, that's great, but if you want it to remain more broth-y, stop cooking as soon as the quinoa has "popped." Each slow cooker is a little different so cooking time varies. Look for chicken that shreds easily, quinoa fully cooked through, and tender veggies. Check out this Crockpot Quinoa and Vegetables recipe that turns out delicious! Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times..
Crockpot quinoa and vegetables step by step
- Rinse quinoa, dump into crockpot, add olive oil to coat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, cook on high 2-4 hours or low 4-6 hours..
- Quinoa is done when you can fluff it with a fork, liquid should be absorbed.
Slow Cooker Vegetables with Quinoa from Food Faith Fitness. Slow Cooker Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed Peppers from Pinch of Yum. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the uncooked quinoa, corn, chickpeas, black beans, red pepper, tomato, onion cumin powder, garlic, salt, pepper and adobe sauce inside, stirring until well combined. Pour in in the vegetable broth, stir well, and cover the pot. Season with salt and pepper if desired.