Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. This Mediterranean Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Artichokes is flavorful and hearty without weighing you down. Perfect for those summer days that call for lightened up dishes. Yet it still feels like a comfort food dish, just as pasta should.
Great as a main salad, side dish or take with you in the cooler for picnics! #nikicuisine Recipe source: Baker By Nature Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Celebrate the late summer harvest of red peppers with this simple and light pasta salad. You can easily substitute roasted peppers from a jar. You can have Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad
- You need 1 lb of farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked al dente.
- You need 1/2 cup of kalamata olives *divided*.
- You need 1 cup of roasted red peppers (about 3 large peppers) *divided*.
- You need 1 of x 12 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, roughly choppped *divided*.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh italian parsley *divided*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red onion, sliced very thin *divided*.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of capers.
- Prepare of Note: anything marked *divided* will be used for both the salad and the dressing.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of red onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted red pepper.
- You need 10 of of the kalamata olives.
- You need 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
This recipe is from an obscure little cookbook with fabulous recipes called "Canada Cooks Pasta". I have a propensity for lemon and increase the amount of zest and juice. As a matter of fact, I increase the feta and basil as well! This Mediterranean Vegetable Salad with roasted mushrooms, red peppers and artichoke makes for the perfect appetizer and is ready within minutes.
Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad step by step
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling rapidly, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Start checking at 8 minutes, then keep a close eye after that as you don't want soggy pasta! Once cooked, drain and rinse quickly with cold water and allow to cool..
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the olives, peppers, parsley, onion and artichokes..
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth..
- Place cooled pasta in a bowl and pour over the dressing (you may not need to use ALL of the dressing, refrigerate any leftover dressing for future use). Toss well..
- Then add peppers, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley and toss again..
- Enjoy! (Note: can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
Get My Weekly Meal Plan Plus My FREE GF/DF Avocado Recipes Ebook. So, for now I will stick to easy recipes, like this vegan pasta salad. Red Pepper and Artichoke Pasta Salad. This recipe has all the flavors you'd expect in a Mediterranean pasta salad: red pepper, artichokes, garbanzo beans, black and green olives, and capers, then topped with a roasted red pepper tahini dressing. Salt boiling water and add pasta.