Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs. These slow cooker meatballs are Italian style and made with ground beef, parmesan cheese, herbs and spices. They're slow simmered to tender perfection in the crock pot and are perfect served over spaghetti or as a hearty appetizer. If desired, serve with minced parsley.
Especially when they are cooked low and slow in a crockpot. These authentic beef meatballs are easy to make, versatile and can be made in advance and frozen for quick weeknight meals. They are easy, and there is nothing I appreciate more in this world than an easy recipe when I have to serve a lot of people. You can cook Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs
- Prepare of Meatballs :.
- Prepare 1 lb. of lean ground beef (or lean ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each dried basil, dried parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each garlic powder, onion powder, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare of Sauce :.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (6 oz.) of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each dried parsley, granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. To make these Meatballs as a freezer meal: Make and bake the meatballs as directed above. Label a heavy-duty zip-top freezer bag with the recipe name, date, and slow cooking instructions. Be sure to pin this meatball recipe and add it to your list of party foods on game day.
Slow Cooker Italian Style Meatballs step by step
- Grease your slow cooker. Place in all of the sauce ingredients and stir together..
- In a large bowl, place all of the meatball ingredients. Use your hands to thoroughly combine it all together..
- Roll out the meatballs, using about 1 tbsp of meat per ball. Place the meatballs into the sauce in the slow cooker..
- Make sure to spoon the sauce over the top of the meatballs. Then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 5-7 hours, until the meatballs are no longer pink in the center..
- Serve however you'd like and refrigerate any leftovers..
How to Make Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs. Well it turns out I completely underestimated my husband's love for the meatball, because they were all gone — GONE — in two days. Down the hatch in meatball sub form, on top of pasta, cold and sliced and placed atop whole-grain toast (YUM, really), etc. OK, OK — my mom and I helped, too. How to cook meatballs in a slow cooker.