Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. It is loaded with tender, diced potatoes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky. This slow cooker soup is made for the potato lovers. This baked potato soup can be blended together and made smoother too!
Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Just before serving, whisk soup to combine. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 8 slices of bacon.
- You need 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
Believe me when I tell you this is not your average Slow Cooker Potato Soup! Take every baked potato topping you can dream of and pair it with some creamy goodness and you have a match made in heaven. This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is bound to be a dinner time win! Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. When it's time to eat, load it up with classic baked potato toppings like bacon, green onions and cheese. It's comfort food by the spoonful. Soup doesn't get much easier than making it in the slow cooker, does it? And here we have one of the ultimate comfort food soups made in the slow cooker.