Spicy Vegetarian Chili. The search for a satisfying, full-flavored, thick and spicy vegetarian chili even the biggest meat-eater will love is officially over! This recipe is my take on the classic meatless chili with some added heat from serrano peppers and a healthy dose of hot sauce. It features a variety of veggies and two types of beans that quickly fill you up and leave you feeling all warm and cozy.
Ladle chili into bowls and serve. Of course, my mother did have to convince Dad that no, we didn't need steak in addition to the chili, it was to remain a meatless chili—the beans were full of protein. In a medium pot, heat oil over medium-high. You can cook Spicy Vegetarian Chili using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Vegetarian Chili
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion, Sliced.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic, diced.
- It’s 2 cup of Vegetable Broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin (more to taste).
- You need 6 of Plum Tomatoes diced.
- It’s 2 of Jalapeño Peppers with Seeds sliced.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Pepper sliced.
- You need 1 of Red Pepper sliced.
- It’s 5 of Chipotle Peppers (canned) sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Pack of White Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 12 oz of Can Tomato Paste.
- You need 10 oz of Package of Vegetable Crumbles.
- It’s 45 oz of Kidney, Black, or Pinto Beans (or 15 ounce can of each).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black Pepper.
Many chili recipes contain brown or white sugar. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers.
Spicy Vegetarian Chili step by step
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat..
- Cook onion, garlic, and cumin in olive oil until lightly browned..
- Add vegetable broth, plum tomatoes, all peppers, mushrooms, chili powder, and tomato paste. Mix thoroughly, then cover and let simmer for 45 minutes..
- Add vegetable crumbles to mixture and let simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add all the beans and let the whole thing cook over very low heat for at least 60 minutes..
- Add salt, pepper, and extra cumin to taste..
In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. The Best Crock Pot Spicy Vegetarian Chili Recipes on Yummly Place the oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the zucchini and squash; continue to cook until all the.