Vegetable Nicosie Salad. Arrange vegetables, kidney bean mixture, eggs, artichoke hearts and olives over top. Julia Child tweaked the Nicoise Salad in her own special way to include potatoes, shallots and artichoke hearts and went on to make the salad famous among many home cooks. Think "lightly cooked vegetables dressed with a fresh vinaigrette" and use your imagination.
In our vegetarian version, we're using haricots verts (or French green beans), heirloom potatoes and baby beets—finished with a tarragon dressing. This bright, robust salad puts a seasonal spin on the delectable flavors of a Provençal favorite, "salade Niçoise." Alongside the traditional combination of briny olives, creamy potatoes and crisp green beans, we're adding seasonal juicy tomato and sweet peppers (which can be green, yellow, orange or red)—all wrapped in a tangy mustard vinaigrette. We're topping it off with classic. You can have Vegetable Nicosie Salad using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Nicosie Salad
- It’s of vinaigrette.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced fresh oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Minced fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of salad.
- It’s 1 lb of Small red potatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1 lb of Fresh asparagus, trimmed.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Fresh green beans.
- It’s 1 can of (16 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 large of shallot, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 bunch of Romaine lettuce, clean and torn into large pieces.
- You need 6 of Hard boiled eggs, cooled and quartered.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) quartered artichoke hearts, drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Pitted Kalamata olives.
Salade niçoise (French pronunciation: ), la salada nissarda in the Niçard dialect of the Occitan language, is a salad that originated in the French city of Nice. It is traditionally made of tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, Niçoise olives and anchovies or tuna, dressed with olive oil. Rub a large bowl with the bruised garlic clove and season the bowl lightly with salt and pepper. Add the tomato, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce (if using), spring onion, olives, tuna and anchovies.
Vegetable Nicosie Salad step by step
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside..
- Cook the red potatoes in water until tender, about 15 minutes depending on size. Drain and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette. Toss and set aside..
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in the same saucepan used to cook the red potatoes. Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove the asparagus with tongs and immediately dunk the spears in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and place on a paper towel lined plate to dry..
- Bring the water to a boil again and add the green beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Remove the green beans and dunk in ice water. Drain and add them to the paper towel lined plate to dry with the asparagus..
- In a small bowl combine the drained and rinsed kidney beans and sliced shallot. Add 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette and toss to coat. Set aside..
- In another small bowl toss the artichoke hearts with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette. Toss the asparagus and green beans in 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Toss the lettuce leaves with 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette and arrange them in a platter or individual serving dishes. Arrange the vegetables, kidney beans, eggs, artichoke hearts, and olives over the lettuce. Serve with any left over vinaigrette and enjoy!.
Top with tomatoes, egg, olives, and feta and serve. Tips Essential Tools for Making a Nicoise Salad. It's especially important if you're working with head lettuce, which can be gritty and dirty inside without proper washing. Spinning the lettuce completely dry is the only way to ensure it won't turn slimy in the refrigerator after a day or two. Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water and season with salt.