Chinese Stir-Fry Tofu Bokchoy. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Bok choy stir-fry with crispy tofu is one of my favorite vegan dishes. You only need a few spices – green onion, soy sauce and sugar, to create a flavorful sweet savory sauce.
The bok choy is cooked until slightly charred and meaty in texture. You could absolutely serve this tofu bok choy stir fry as a main course with some steamed rice, or make a feast of vegetarian Chinese dishes. Only half of this vegan bok choy recipe is featured in the photos because I ate the rest. You can cook Chinese Stir-Fry Tofu Bokchoy using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Stir-Fry Tofu Bokchoy
- Prepare 1-2 of Firm/hard tofu.
- You need Bunch of bok choy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 of thin slices of ginger – julienned.
- It’s Dash of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mushroom or oyster sauce.
- It’s To taste of chicken stock granules.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
Add tofu and lightly stir-fry until tofu. Serve this over noodles or rice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Next, add salt, sugar, sesame oil, white pepper, and the MSG and hot chicken stock if using. (Using hot chicken stock is important to maintaining the temperature of the wok). Return tofu and bok choy to pan.
Chinese Stir-Fry Tofu Bokchoy instructions
- Thumb rules when Stir-Frying vegies 1. Heat Wok & Cooking oil well. 2. Use HIGH HEAT. 3. Prepare everything ready at your station so you dont have to run here and there looking for everything you need because frying with high heat you might over cook your dish. 3. Add sesame oil last..
- Prepare all ingredients ready. Half the tofu if its thick then cut into equal cube. Not too small as tofu can break easily. Clean bok choy before Cutting..
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Use Enough oil to few seconds sauté garlic and julienned ginger. Then add cubed tofu right away. Stir one or two times then Let it sit for a minute to lighly brown sides of the cubed tofu before turning it again. Sprinkle a dash of ground white pepper. Stir..
- Add bok choy. Stir fast. Season with mushroom or oyster sauce. Taste. Add chicken stock granules if necessary. Stir fast again, turn off the heat right away a minute or two after that. Avoid over cook your vegies. Add sesame oil now and stir (mix well) before plating. Note: Sesame oil can be added to your dish before or after the heat is off – just before plating..
Bok Choy is one kind of Chinese cabbage. They have dark green leaves and white stems. It is known as Shanghai Green cabbage (上海青) in Chinese. If you ever visit Chinese restaurant, I believe you have meet or heard about it. Making a Chinese restaurant like quick fry baby bok Choy at home is a simple process.