McHugh's Slow Cooker Irish Coddle. Great recipe for McHugh's Slow Cooker Irish Coddle. Patrick's Day, my wife and I will make an Irish dish or two. It usually ends up being different variations of Shepard's Pie, Bangers & Mash, and Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Irish Dublin Coddle Crock Pot Version – A St. I thought my step dad made up the word coddle. It just sounds made up, doesn't it? You can have McHugh's Slow Cooker Irish Coddle using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of McHugh's Slow Cooker Irish Coddle
- Prepare 1 lb of Irish Sausages/ Bangers, cut into thirds.
- Prepare 1 lb of Irish Bacon/ Rashers, cut up in 1" pieces.
- Prepare 1-2 of Onions, quartered.
- You need 1 lb of Potatoes of your choice, quartered.
- You need 1-2 cups of Carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 4-5 Cups of Cold Water.
Then I grew up and discovered Google; coddle was one of the first things I searched for. Turns out he not only didn't make it up but it's actually a very popular traditional Irish dish. Our Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle Recipe. How to Make Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle: Instant Pot.
McHugh's Slow Cooker Irish Coddle instructions
- On a skillet over medium heat, brown the bangers and rashers. Remove them and let cool. Once the meat is cool, cut the sausage links into thirds and chop up the bacon..
- Put the quartered onions into the slow cooker..
- On top of that, place the bangers and rashers, followed by the carrots..
- Top it off with the potatoes. Add the parsley and pepper on top of the mixture..
- Pour the cold water on top of the mixture. Close the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours..
Select "Sauté" to pre-heat the Instant Pot. When the word "Hot" appears on display add the bacon and sausage and cook without the lid, occasionally stirring, until bacon is crisp and sausage is browned. Press "Cancel" to turn the cooker off. The coddle is so good that I sometimes come in just for that. I have yet to find a mixed drink on the menu that I don't like.