Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake).
You can have Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
- It’s 1 package of bot banh xeo (flour).
- Prepare 1 c. of diced ngo gai (replace onion).
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 c. of veg. ham sliced thin strips.
- Prepare 1/4 of jicama slice thin strips.
- You need 1 of bell pepper sliced thin strips.
- You need 2 of carrots shredded.
- It’s 1 c. of veg. crab meat sliced strips (no pollock = fish).
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery sliced thin.
- It’s strips of half zuchini sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 c. of mushrooms sliced.
Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake) step by step
- Mix bot banh xeo flour and tumeric (came with package) with 3.5 c. Cold water, coconut milk, 1/2 tsp salt. (Image below has ngo gai already).
- Add ngo gai to mixture and set aside..
- Slice thin all vegetables and vegetarian ham and veg. Crab meat. The thinner the quicker it cooks..
- Heat nonstick pan on medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil, place all sliced vegetables and meat in pan leaving middle for the fold..
- Add 1 laddle of banh xeo mix to pan and tilt pan to cover everything..
- Cover pan with lid to cook vegetables. 3 min. Since we cut veg.thin. remove lid when outer rim is slightly brown and pulling from pan, use spatula to fold in half. Done. Eat with vegan fish sauce and salad. Makes about 12 banh xeo or pancake..
- Bot banh xeo cam be bought at the adian stores. There are many varieties. Any will do..
- Can frozen extra mixture to use later..