Pearl Barley Minestrone with Italian Sausage.
You can cook Pearl Barley Minestrone with Italian Sausage using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pearl Barley Minestrone with Italian Sausage
- You need 4 of thin Italian sausages, skins removed & roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of medium brown onion, finely chopped.
- You need 4 slices of Proscuitto, chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, finely diced.
- You need 1 of celery stick, finely diced.
- You need 1 of zucchini, finely diced.
- You need 3 of large ripe tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pearl barley.
- Prepare 1 litre of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 bunch of English spinach, finely shredded.
- You need of Shaved Parmesan to serve.
Pearl Barley Minestrone with Italian Sausage step by step
- Prep ingredients- keeping them separate to one another..
- Fry sausage,until golden brown, in a little olive oil and set aside..
- Add the onion, pancetta, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens..
- Add the zucchini, tomato, pearl barley and sausage and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until zucchini softens slightly..
- Add the chicken stock and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until barley is tender and soup thickens slightly. Taste and season with salt and pepper. (I didn't add salt- enough in the Proscuitto).
- Add the spinach to the soup and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with parmesan and serve immediately..