Christmas Eve Grits. Trisha and her sister, Beth, prepare their Christmas Eve dinner of Honey Mustard Glazed Ham, Grits and Greens Casserole and Sauteed Parsnips and Carrots before heading to a candlelight service at. Add salt and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Dice the ham and add to the pot.
In recent years shrimp and grits have moved from a being a mere staple on the southern menu to a gourmet challenge upon which every regional chef (and many beyond the region. After you've opened all the presents comes the hard part: making breakfast!. This easy casserole is a cheesy fix for Christmas morning. You can have Christmas Eve Grits using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas Eve Grits
- You need 1 cup of grits.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of diced smoked ham.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of Colby Monterey Jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced seriously sharp white cheddar Vermont cheese.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
Just pop it in the oven while you open presents, and viola!. While I live in San Francisco, most of the items on the menu are based on the land and foods of my youth. Pre-Dinner Cocktail — Sparkling Lemon Drops This leisurely make-ahead Christmas breakfast or brunch menu includes Old-Fashioned Southern Ambrosia, everyone's favorite Sausage Cheese Bread, and a decadent Caramel Soaked French Toast Casserole. If you have a crowd, you might also want to add my Southern Cheese Grits Casserole, and because it's a special day, maybe even my Classic Mimosa with a Twist.
Christmas Eve Grits instructions
- Dice or cube your cheeses.
- Add salt and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Dice the ham and add to the pot. Add the butter, let it boil 7 minutes. Stir in the grits..
- Cook the grits till creamy. Stirring often so as to not let those grits clump up. Stir the cheesy grits till done. Serve adding black pepper to taste..
Paired with a staple main dish, these festive and unique Christmas side dishes bring delicious variety that your holiday guests will truly appreciate. From our hearty Two-Cheese Gnocchi Mac and Cheese, to our light, flavorful Christmas salad, you'll find crowd-pleasing Christmas side dishes to suit all occasions. Christmas morning is one of the most magical moments of the entire year. With the excitement of going to sleep on Christmas Eve, and waking up to a Christmas tree filled with sparkling lights and surrounded by highly anticipated presents, why not keep the celebration going? Christmas Day brunch can either be a sleepy breakfast, with a few tasty treats and hot coffee, or a spread of a few of.