Baked Chicken Enchiladas. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Stir in the chicken, beans and chiles.
If desired, serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives. These authentic chicken enchiladas with mole sauce were inspired by a dish served at Seattle's La Carta De Oaxaca restaurant. Chocolate and dried chiles make a rich and flavorful sauce that tops the moist and tender chicken enchiladas. You can have Baked Chicken Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Enchiladas
- You need 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of salsa (I use Pace Picante).
- You need 1 can of Rotel, drained.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. Monterey Jack Cheese.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. Colby Jack Cheese.
- It’s 20-25 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare of Toppings: sour cream, green onions.
You can either place the chicken enchiladas seam-side-up or seam-side-down. Then pour any remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle on some extra cheese. Bake uncovered until the enchiladas are cooked through and the edges of the tortillas get slightly crispy. These have been one of my most popular recipes since I first posted, which I am not surprised!
Baked Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook chicken either in pressure cooker or stovetop with seasonings as desired. Once cooked, drain off juices and add Rotel..
- Shred completely and set aside..
- Shred cheeses and set aside..
- Slice up green onions if desired for topping and set aside..
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add in 1 cup of salsa and 1/2 of each of the cheeses. Mix until well combined..
- Fold in the chicken completely..
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat up in microwave until soft and pliable..
- Coat 2 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray and spread out 1/2 cup of salsa between the two on bottom of dishes..
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping spoonful of filling and roll up; place seam side down in pans. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup salsa over the tops..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
My easy homemade enchilada sauce really makes it outstanding, so don't skip that step! These are so good, I can't order them out now, because I am always disappointed. Helpful Tips for Making Chicken Enchiladas: Chicken Enchiladas A perfect pan of deliciousness! These easy, cheesy chicken enchiladas come together in a snap and are faster and way more delicious than fast food. If you have leftover roast chicken, use that here.