Healthy (but doesn't taste healthy) Taco Pasta. Learn How To Elevate Your Recipes For Any Celebration With Cholula Hot Sauce®. Great recipe for Healthy (but doesn't taste healthy) Taco Pasta. I am trying my best to stay away from high fat and high calorie recipes, but I REALLY wanted hamburger helper.
I used twirly pasta (rotini) for the recipe, but any "short" pasta will work well. Shells or rigatoni would work well too. To make the recipe more healthy, I recommend whole wheat pasta, as it is higher in protein and nutrients than regular white pasta. You can have Healthy (but doesn't taste healthy) Taco Pasta using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy (but doesn't taste healthy) Taco Pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of Bird's Eye Veggie Penne Pasta with cheddar sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of Extra Lean Ground Beef.
- You need 1 packet of Taco seasoning (I use McCormick).
- It’s 3/4 c of water.
Today is all about this one pot taco pasta. In general, my life is about only making one dish dirty per meal. Perhaps it's a fantasy, perhaps it's a necessity. This recipe is based roughly on my homemade healthy hamburger helper recipe but with a southwestern spin.
Healthy (but doesn't taste healthy) Taco Pasta step by step
- Brown ground beef and season however you like (I add dried onion flakes, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and black pepper). No need to drain the beef if you use extra lean..
- Throw your water and taco seasoning packet in with the cooked beef. Cook down until it thickens..
- While beef is marrying with taco seasoning throw your bag of cheddar veggie pasta in the microwave. Cook as directed on the package..
- When you hear that microwave ding… That can only mean one thing… That it is time to mix the pasta with your beef mixture and eat!.
- If you have any left (which you won't) add some sour cream to it then reheat. SO good! Y'all let me know how much you love it!!.
Ben absolutely loves this; in fact, he. THIS is Healthy Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta. I got it in my head recently that I wanted needed to make a taco pasta. I don't know if it's because I eat less tacos and more comfort-y things in the winter, but I REALLY wanted some extra homey, extra cozy, extra taco-y pasta. Cream Cheese Taco Soup This is the best taco soup I have ever eaten!