Causey's Tomato Basil Crostini. A simple, yet delectable appetiser that will make your guests swoon. A mixture of tomatoes, basil, Parmesan, garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil is served with freshly toasted crostini. Stir in the basil and taste for seasonings.
Rub each crostini with a garlic clove for flavor. I use Iowa-grown Graddy's or garden-fresh roma tomatoes fresh basil (chopped or torn) fresh. LINE sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil. You can cook Causey's Tomato Basil Crostini using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Causey's Tomato Basil Crostini
- You need 2 of Roma tomato.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 loaf of French Baguette.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Coarse Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1 lb of Grated Mozzarella Cheese.
- It’s 1 bunch of Basil leaves (or substitute dried basil flakes).
DRIZZLE garlic-infused olive oil over flat bread; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. TRANSFER flat breads to serving plate. TOP each piece with chilled Tomato-Basil Topping. Combine tomatoes and minced garlic in a large bowl.
Causey's Tomato Basil Crostini step by step
- Cut baguette into appx. 1/4 inch slices..
- Lightly butter baguette slices..
- Mince garlic and add over the buttered bread..
- Cut roma tomatoes into thin slices, and place on baguette..
- Add salt and pepper to taste over tomato..
- Place full basil leaf over tomato..
- Sprinkle appx. 1tbsp. Grated mozzarella over the top of basil leaf..
- Broil on High for about five minutes or until cheese begins to turn golen brown..
Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and let tomatoes marinate at room temperature. Drizzle olive oil on baguette slices and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Paired with a delicious glass of Clos du Bois wine, these tomato crostini are my go-to entertaining food. Bacon, Tomato Basil Crostini combines toasted seasoned crostini topped with smooth basil and bacon cream cheese and a slice of juicy fresh tomato.