Slow Cooker Johnny Soup. Great recipe for Slow Cooker Johnny Soup. What do you do when Peapod sends Cannellini Beans instead of Split Peas? I was skeptical at first, but once I smelled the aromas from the slow cooker I was hooked.
When my son's school recently created a cookbook, this was the first recipe he asked me to submit, and his teachers were glad he did. —Erica Winkel, Ada, Michigan. Beefy French onion soup is made in the slow cooker, then topped with the traditional slice of toasted French bread and a savory mixture of four cheeses, then broiled until browned and bubbling. It's fun to let people assemble their own bowls, too. You can cook Slow Cooker Johnny Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Johnny Soup
- It’s 1 package (16 ounces) of dried cannellini beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, minced, or 2-3 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of Dried Basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary, crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 6 cups of cold water.
- It’s 1-2 cups of ham, chopped/cubed.
- It’s 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
Toss the carrots and celery together in the slow cooker. These slow cooker soup recipes are just like mom used to make, including potato soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup, split pea soup, bean soup, ham soup and more. This recipe for the slow cooker is a great way to make a tasty and tender meal out of some London broil, cream of mushroom soup, and a handful of seasonings. These Crock Pot soup recipes are so easy to make for the whole family.
Slow Cooker Johnny Soup instructions
- Rinse the beans to get rid of any debris, then add to the slow cooker..
- Add the carrots and onion to the pot. Also add the garlic, if you are using cloves..
- Stir to mix together..
- Place the ham on top of everything, then pour the water on top of that..
- Sprinkle the herbs and spices on top.
- Stir slightly, then add the bay leaves to the soup. Place the cover on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours..
We love the idea of whipping up a slow cooker soup recipe on a chilly night. Filling, delicious, and hearty, find your next meal here. This slow cooker chicken and corn soup is an absolute must-try. It has delicious shredded chicken, sweet corn, and lots of ham. By the time this soup is ready to eat, it will be packed with shredded chicken, creamy corn, ham, and silky ribbons of egg.