Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce. This rich and hearty red sauce tastes like it's been cooked for hours, because it has. The secret to rich, naturally sweet, complex flavors is to cook the sauce in the oven, allowing the surface to brown while the sauce slowly concentrates. The resultant sauce is great on pasta, with meatballs, on your chicken parm, or scooped right out of the pan with a spoon on its own.
This really is the best homemade tomato sauce! This slow cooker tomato sauce is rich, hearty and comforting. The perfect meal for busy weeknights or Sunday dinner. You can have Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can of No Sodium Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can of Tomato Puree.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of can of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic powder or 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2-3 of Bay leaves.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic. Slow Cooker Chicken in Italian Tomato Sauce. Chicken parts cook slowly in an Italian tomato and herb sauce in this slow cooker recipe. There's nothing like slow cooker tomato sauce that's been simmering on the stove all day.
Slow Cooker Italian Tomato Sauce step by step
- Pour the tomato puree and tomato sauce the slow cooker..
- Next, add the tomato paste into the pot, then add the water..
- Put all of the spices, except the bay leaves, into the sauce. Stir it all together..
- Place the bay leaves into the pot, after you stir the sauce..
- Place the cover on top of the slow cooker, set the temperature to low and put the timer to 6-8 hours. At the halfway point, be it 3 or 4 hours, stir the sauce..
- After you stir it, put the lid back on the slow cooker and cook for another 3 to 4 hours..
It's even better when you can make it in a slow cooker. Loaded with spicy Italian sausage, fire roasted and crushed tomatoes. The sauce gets super thick, rich and loaded with flavor. Crockpot Tomato Sauce is the best marinara sauce recipe, perfect for an easy spaghetti dinner any day of the week! Stir the mixture, then set the slow cooker to low, and cook for eight hours.