Apple and Almond Cake. Line base and side with baking parchment. Arrange the apple wedges attractively over the batter, making a wider outer circles and a smaller inner circle; set aside. Sprinkle the almond topping mixture over the apples.
This Apple Almond Cake is a lovely moist cake, flavoured with almonds and topped with apples and almonds. If you subscribe to my newsletter, you already know that I've declared it "Fall" already. Not only does it feel like Fall outside, I am baking with apples, so it must surely be Fall, right? You can cook Apple and Almond Cake using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple and Almond Cake
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- It’s 225 g of Self Raising Flour.
- Prepare 225 g of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 150 g of Melted Butter.
- You need 2 of Large Eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract.
- It’s of Fillings and Toppings.
- Prepare 250 g of Cooking or Dessert Apple eg. Bramley or Granny Smith, sliced thickly.
- Prepare 25 g of Almond Flakes.
- You need of Icing Sugar to dust.
- Prepare of Equipment.
- It’s 8 of ” (20cm) Deep Loose Bottom Cake Tin.
- Prepare of Hand Mixer.
Apple Coffee Cake is a delicious grain free snack cake made with almond flour, apple cider vinegar, fresh apples, and warm spices. It is a healthier cake, almost like an apple crumble, perfect for fall, and it's actually refined sugar free! Plus, it's easy to make and is delicious a la mode. Spread batter in bottom of pan.
Apple and Almond Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 160C or 140C for fan assisted..
- Lightly grease the cake tin..
- Peel and core the apple, and slice thickly..
- Measure out the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and then follow with wet ingredients..
- Mix together well until mostly blended (don’t over mix) and then beat with electric hand mixer for roughly 1 minute..
- Spread half the mixture evenly into the bottom of the tin, and then layer the apple slices on top, going around the tin..
- Start with one layer from the outside first, and then pile the rest towards the centre. You want to end up with 2/3 of the slices in the middle of the cake..
- Gently scoop the rest of the batter onto the central pile of apples, spreading carefully so that it covers most of the middle of the cake, quite thickly. Do not worry about covering up to the sides as it will spread in the oven. Sprinkle the almond flakes evenly all over the top..
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 1hr 15mins – 1hr 30mins, until a skewer comes out clean, the top is golden and the sides are JUST starting to pull away from the tin..
- Leave to cool in the tin until just warm, then remove carefully (the sides or base may need to be gently separated from the tin using a knife), dust with icing sugar, and serve with whatever you like. Can be frozen once cooled completely..
Press apple pieces, cut sides down, into batter. Place the apples into a pan with half the lemon juice and two. Apple Almond Cake recipe is an interesting and simple cake recipe made from fresh cut apples and topped up with almond nuts. The cake also contains cinnamon flavor that balances well with apple and almonds. The cake is very easy to make and can be prepared for any festive occasion.