Vegetarian tacos. Tofu Tacos I "This recipe is an absolute winner. Kid-Friendly Taco-Burritos "We loved the fold! It worked great for the kids and the parents loved it too!" <br>- jeepaholic.
The tortilla is the perfect canvas for vegetable deliciousness. You can go straight up authentic with Mexican flavors, or branch into a fusion taco with flavors taking cues from Thai or Korean elements. Alright, meet my new favorite tacos! You can cook Vegetarian tacos using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian tacos
- Prepare 1/2 of of a Jicama.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a Mango.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 small of cucumber.
- Prepare 2 medium of sized tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, cilantro and other seasonings.
- You need 1 of Optional: cabbage or taco shells for wrapping ingredients in.
- It’s 1 of we used tofo scramble for protein filler.
These meatless tacos will please even the most adamant carnivores in your life. This vegetarian taco recipes features refried pinto beans, creamy avocado sauce, quick-pickled onions and fresh garnishes. If you ask me, every great taco possesses the following qualities: something hearty (beans), something creamy (avocado), something crisp (shredded cabbage. This vegan taco recipe is good for feeding a hungry crowd!
Vegetarian tacos step by step
- Chop up the onion and a tomatillo and add to a hot frying pan for about 2 or 3 minutes or until browned- then set aside in a medium sized bowl..
- Add salt and pepper to the onions and tomatillos while they are in the frying pan..
- Now cube both the jicama and the mango..
- Now add the mango and jicama to the onions and tomatillos.
- Now slice the cucumber and tomatoes and add to the mix… all ingredients should be in the bowl besides whatever protein you will be using (tofu, seitan, etc.).
- Finish up by putting it all out on a platter and let guest pick out what they want to add to it whether it's tofu, cabbage,or whatever they want to wrap all the great ingredients in..
They're bright and colorful and packed with all sorts of tasty things that will leave everyone very satisfied. In large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook the onion, celery, red or green pepper, jalapeno, and garlic until softened. Add the zucchini, onions, garlic, green chiles, and jalapeño to the pan. Stir to coat the vegetables with the oil in the pan.