Jerk Chicken Marinade. This jerk chicken recipe is from Paul Chung, who grew up in Jamaica and sampled jerk throughout the island. For maximum flavor, let the chicken marinate overnight. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender.
The best Jamaican Jerk Chicken including oven and grilling instructions! It's incredibly flavorful thanks to hours of marinating in a vibrant and deliciously seasoned marinade. Here it is, my Jerk seasoning. You can cook Jerk Chicken Marinade using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken Marinade
- It’s 2-3 lbs of chicken breast(cut into bite-sized pieces).
- You need 3-4 tbsp of jerk spice blend.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of liquid aminos/soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vinegar(your preferred kind).
- It’s 2-3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of cayenne/scotch bonnet pepper(or more) Optional.
- You need 2-4 of garlic cloves (sliced in half).
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice(about 1 large orange).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice(fresh or bottled).
It was taught to me by my best friend Andrea. Jerk maybe of my favorite marinades and I'm always so excited when it comes to using it Use this Jerk sauce to make this Jerk Chicken here and you'll be happy you did. Easy jerk marinade that is great for grilling or baking chicken, shrimp, fish, pork, steak and more. Scotch bonnet peppers, green onions, allspice and more!
Jerk Chicken Marinade step by step
- Add the chicken and everything else into a container. Stir together and place the marinade into the refrigerator. Let it marinate together in the refrigerator between 4 to 12 hours..
- Over a medium to medium high heat, place the chicken into a hot large pan. Shake off any excess marinade..
- Stirring and turning occasionally, stir fry the chicken for 8 to 12 minutes. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices are clear..
Chicken – Chicken and seafood are my go-to when it comes to Jerk marinade and seasoning. In this particular recipe, I've made grilled Jerk Chicken. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky. This easy Jerk Chicken Marinade is Caribbean-inspired and full of spice and flavor.