Fish curry (traditional style). Similar Recipes, Goan Fish Curry Anchovies Fish Curry Sardine Fish Curry Chettinad Fish Curry Malabar Fish Curry Mackerel Fish Curry Many More. Tamarind in fish curry is palakkad style. Only gamboge / kudampuli we add.
One of the healthiest traditional tea time snack with almost no oil. It is popular in the Christian communities of Kerala. The traditional-style curry wasn't too oily and it complemented the fish. You can have Fish curry (traditional style) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish curry (traditional style)
- Prepare 750 gms of fish cut and cleaned.
- You need 3 tbsps of oil.
- You need 3 tbsps of chillie powder(kashmiri chilli powder).
- You need 1/2 tsps of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of fenugreek (Uluva).
- Prepare 1 tsps of mustard seeds.
- It’s 3 tbsps of onion small , finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic finely chopped (paste) each.
- You need 4 – 5 sprigs of curry leaves.
- You need 3 – 4 cloves of tamarind ofTamarind (Thottu puli) depending on the quality of the.
We got the traditional curry fish head and even dabao-ed the leftovers home when we couldn't finish it. If you're looking for an air-conditioned place that serves an impressive selection of Halal-certified Chinese Tze Char. A traditional fish curry—one that can broadly represent India—is one that incorporates eastern and northern Indian culinary influences in its ingredients. South Indian fish curry, also called meen kulambu, has a pleasant tanginess that will make you want more and more after each bite.
Fish curry (traditional style) step by step
- Fish cut to small pieces,washed in vinegar and salt is drained fully and kept aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, followed by the fenugreek When it is reasonably fried,add the small onions, ginger,garlic,curry leaves and saute in low fire continuously stirring till the onions have started becoming crispy. Take out from the stove and immediately add the spices mixture containing chilly powder, turmeric powder and a pinch of salt. Continue stirring.Now add half a cup of water into the pan and put it back in the stove and continue to saute till th….
- The fish currry can be served hot or cold..
Traditional fish curry dish from Asian cuisine Ovehead view-fish curry. Try our easy to follow goan-style fish curry recipe. Absolutely delicious with the best ingredients from Woolworths. Serve curry with steamed rice and lime wedges. fish curry on white background. Asian traditional spicy curry fish head.